Sunday, October 16, 2005

A Wonderful Day in the Neighbourhood

I have almost entirely evacuated my room for studying out in the living room on the wonderful brown corduroy couch. There are piles of books and papers and dictionaries surrounding my chair. My roommate sits opposed to me with just a laptop, a few sheets and a pen. I feel so inefficient.

Three different tests are taking place this week. I'm excited, are you? Anyway, enough rant about the arbitrary life I lead... you want to hear some good things. or interesting things. or nothing at all.

Pretty Things are a very nice 60s guitar band. But no one has offered me any good music yet. I am bored with my music.

This is an interesting article. Here is my favourite exerpt.
"On the island where the tiny human remains were found, researchers have also found evidence of giant rats and little elephants. "

I watched a documentary about uncovered skulls on the Discovery Channel. There was an abnormal skull, with eyes close together and a large head. They were confused as to what species it was (i.e. Human or a predecessor) because it is dated to have been alive at the time humans were around. The head was of a 5 or 6 year old child. The scientist said that they didn't think it was alien, which seems like a rather obvious conclusion to me, and not even an option for a scientist. However, the scientist went on to say that they were contemplating the idea that the skull could perhaps be a hybrid of a human with an alien. I was then really doubting the quality of documentaries that the Discovery channel airs. In case you were wondering, they were shaped skulls.

"Media flocked to the trial like perverts to a Britney Spears fan site" - a&e guy.

There was a lot of tv watching a few days ago. I apolgoize for all the references.

1 comment:

hauntedsalon said...

check out the new broken social scene record. it's the best thing i've heard in a while.