Monday, December 20, 2004

The Humour

The title of this article is far more entertaining than the actual article, but "Stray Mounties rescued in Idaho wilderness" (thanks inna) is still a kind of funny article, I guess. The title really says it all. This shatters the impression of mounties that I had before, one of respect, strength, knowledge and ridiculous uniforms. However, that was based on a television show with an impossible lead character, no matter how much we all wish he were real.

This, however, is a great article: "Family Secret Turns out to be Boring" We all need to read The Onion more.

There was some music trading last night and one result was rather humourous. If you want a good, solid laugh, download (or get me to send it to you) "Common People" by William Shatner. Apparently it is a remake of a Brit-pop song, I can't imagine. The person who recommended it to me, claims that he listens to this song with serious intentions. I have to give Bill credit for acting the lyrics out with conviction.

Oh and I learned a new, useless word, another to add to my collection.
"Homonecropetapyrobestiphiliac" is a word for one who prefers to have sex with underage gay animals which are currently on fire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

common people is PULP

puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulp

-inna

H-Train said...

No way... I've lost music respect for Joe, the only respect I had left for him.

Anonymous said...

lol awww. poor joe.

such a great song though

"i wanna live like common people..i wanna do whatever common people do..."