Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Field of Dreams

I found this article pretty interesting, though there are some discrepencies about the test methodologies that were involved in proving this. And yes, I do in fact talk like this. Though I have to say I don't see any problems with their methods, except that this particular article is quite vague.
This is the article. It talks about how these scientists in Hawaii proved that sharks can detect changes in magnetic fields.

By popular demand, or three people just being completely neutral and not deciding, I am going to rant about something other than an article I read. I really don't know what to talk about, these last few days have been rather uneventful... So, let's give this a go, shall we?

A) Well, it is my humble opinion that everyone should have a waffle emoticon. They help to express any emotion really, I usually use it for comical frustration or when no other emoticon will do the job. If you are interested in this emoticon, you know where to find me.

b) I have come to the conclusion that I am a difficult person who will never be able to have a regular blog about me. I was just told that I will eventually write something vague and confuse everyone, just like a good indie kid. Go emo, go. Though I'm not much of an emo kid, whenever authentic emo music hits the deck on rotation I get an inexplicably sad feeling and then I realise what I'm listening to. I don't enjoy being inexplicably sad, I like to know why I am sad.

New Letter:
c) The Romans had something good going, they had this letter called 'eng', and this is what it looks like: ŋ. It stands for n+g, imagine how much time, money, trees, space, etc. this could save. Just think about it. (Note there is also one that looks similar that represents g+n, but that is seldom found in English.)

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get some tea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: c)

while i'm all for this [get on it hana ;)], the letter is much too pretty to be used in everyday english. people will consistently make it look like a regular 'n'... and there may be confusion.. and then.. everyone will be confused.

-inna

Anonymous said...

i like the fact that this post is probably more deserving of "Rant" then the previous lol

-inna

H-Train said...

Inna, you make a case on both counts about the eng and the post. Good call.

Anonymous said...

;)