Sunday, October 28, 2007

Banter of the Best Variety

"In spite of considerable talk about the "death of distance" and "the end of geography," computer technology appears to accentuate the importance of place, both physical and virtual."

From: "The World Wide Web and Contemporary Cultural Theory" Chapter: "Webs of Myth and Power" by Vincent Mosco (there are no page numbers to cite).

I hate to say that this describes my relationship with several friends. While email, blogs and photo-sharing brings us closer together, it emphasizes the physical distance between us. It's a very basic interpretation of what this means.

Lately I've been attempting to blog more but in shorter posts. It's not going so well. Maybe more short thoughts. I should see if I can text my blog or something, so if you see posts that look like this "toronto is gr8 i want 2 note here" you will surely understand why.

Using too many unsuitable adjectives as always,

yours truly,

Hana

No comments: