Saturday, September 17, 2005

Substitution

I got new fish...two. Names are still debated, they are red platty fish, they are a red-orange colour with black on the ends of their fins and on their face in a goatee fashion. One looks like an old man. I was thinking Sharky for one. Any suggestions?

Gig posters has some really neat posters. There are cool Shins and Decemberists posters, among others. Also a really nice print of Jason Lee.

My posting has been rather crappy lately and I apologize. My time has been occupied with procrastination and random bursts of reading and work, also with thoughts, which I currently do not feel the urge to share, maybe later.

And so ends today's entry. I hope you weren't terribly bored.

it is now later, I have a thought to share, it is more of a question. If you are in a relationship of any sort, be it romantic, academic, plutonic, etc. would you rather be the more intelligent or the less intelligent of the two? I mean overall and not in a bad way - perhaps the other person has more education and is older, has more life experience, etc. (whatever the case may be). Would you rather feel 'superior' or 'inferior' (I use those terms quite loosely) but rather be challenged by concepts and ideas that you never thought about or don't have knowledge of in the least? I agree that this is a weird question, but it comes out of a discussion I recently had with someone and just wondering if there is any general consensus on things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weather
Dry Weekend Forecast... Hi 91 F Lo 70 F Many folks saw SOME rain today, and Friday evening showers will be a welcome sight for others.
You have an interesting blog. Are you interested in using your blog to make some money? This is one of the best
affiliate internet marketing web online markets to be in today.

Successful affiliate marketers are using this affiliate internet marketing web tool to get their sites and blogs crawled, indexed and even ranked at the top in the best search engines in less than one week.

Anonymous said...

ooo! GOOD QUESTION!
i'll think about it and let u know...

Anonymous said...

ok. i thought about it, and i've decided not to cop out and say 'i'd prefer if we were around the same intellegence level.'

I, personally, would rather feel inferior than superior... just cuz then i could learn from the other person.
i think it would definitely suck to feel dumb, but it would be boring to have to constantly be educating someone else.
so that's what i think about that... for now. :)

Anonymous said...

1) is that spam!??!

2) heh, I wonder why she didn't use blop

3) anyway.
I would rather have less intelligence, and would rather feel inferior. I mean, I'm sure it sorta sucks in certain ways, but, if I were the superior one, I would feel like I have to live up to a certain standard, and I would just feel worn-out. Same with intelligence. If I am obviously the one with less knowledge about stuff, then I do not feel pressured about having to know anything or everything. Plus, I cannot explain anything, so, if I had more knowledge and had to do the teaching, it just wouldn't work, because, we'd just both be confused :)

4) were you the one who said that all ur comp sci friends list all the options to things? Cause, I've been noticing that too! hahaha.

H-Train said...

I agree with you guys, far better to be the dumber one because you can learn more, but you might not want to. Being the smart one is frustrating because I can't stand dumb people.

I think a lot of people use lists.