Thursday, September 29, 2005

Photo History

Once upon a time I began to scan all the family photos, I had a good 500+ scanned. Then I got a call while I was away on vacation that my computer had a minor malfunction, but it would be okay. When I returned home, I was informed that the C: drive actually melted. I was slightly upset. It is now over two years later and I have begun this project again, here are some results.

I worked very hard to create these thumbnails...so click on them to see the full photo. (I did this so you wouldn't be bombarded with massive photos).


Photographer
Here is my great grandmother, she was from Jablonetz, Czech (it might have been Germany at the time). I googled the name of the photographer, but lucky for me all the results were in Czech, good thing I can't read Czech.


one
Here is a photo of my dad when he was probably about 15 or 16 at someone's wedding.


Alfred
This is my dad's dad, this photo is from the 70s I assume. This is what he alwas looked like to me.


behind blue eyes
These are both my grandparents. I was named after my grandmother.


Salon
I think this is where my grandmother worked, she is the woman in the middle in the white dress. She was a hair dresser in Bulgaria, though I have memories of her doing the neighbourhood women's hair.


baby grandma
This is that same grandmother as a child.


Brass
My grandpa was in a brass band. He's in the second row, third from the left.


Purim
My mom dressed up as a Gypsy for a holiday that is somewhat similar to Hallowe'en (except this is a much longer history, I believe).


polaroids!
My favourite polaroid ever. My brother is the kid in the middle, the other two are my cousins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THose are super awesome. I wish i had so many old photos around...i don't think my grandparents brought any over when they immigrated.

-Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

damn i love old photos.. those are awesome :)

-inna