Monday, June 25, 2007

The future holds..what?

As decision time closes in, I'm beginning to realise that I've graduated. Work, friends and planning have been distracting me and it's time to decide. I'm almost certain about where I'm heading and even with that, I have a potential escape plan. I am not scared of commitment.
 
To my friends and I, this "accomplishment" isn't something grand. Maybe I wouldn't have expected anything less from us. Is a Bachelor's degree not worth as much as it once was? My parents sure are thrilled though and yeah, I guess we should be proud of ourselves, all that studying and drinking, they amounted to something.
 
We're all doing different things with our lives and when that settles in, it'll make the distinction clearer. Is this not supposed to be some epic mark in our lives? I thought it was and tried to explore this further, but it seems that in actuality, I've gained a few fancy sheets of paper with my name on them.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I know what your future holds. It holds you pushing a tram full of blonde curly-haired lumberjack babies listening to Hidden Cameras on your Ipod through Norway.

And yes it was you.

inna said...

LOL "lumberjack babies"

love it