Thursday, June 01, 2006

shout out

Excerpt from "The Bogeyman" Denmark, 1995.

Granny: You'd better beware or the bogeyman will get you.

Ida: There's no such thing.

Granny: I bet your pardon? The bogeyman is everywhere. He sees and hears everything. You can't hide anything from him. He lives in the chimney.

Ida: He can't see anything in there.

Granny: He sees everything that goes on.

Granny: All the way from down in the cellar to the very top of the chimney.

Granny: He eats naughty children.

Ida: But it was Chubby [her brother who unwrapped the presents]

* * *

By the way, Nelson, thanks for all the ridiculous emails. Hope work sucks less and you can email more soon.

****

I had another story, but I can't remember. How about the time I fell asleep watching a movie at work - I was actually working - and got caught but didn't get in trouble because it was a bad movie! Woo. Internet connecting is not constant so we'll see what I can do about posting.

French skills - improving. I can now be funny in French...which is more than I can say for English.

Quebec is supposedly smoke free now. Thank you.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ontario is smokefree too! maybe it's all of canada...

H-Train said...

Quebec just became smoke free, it was the last province. Ontario has been smoke free for a while, no?