Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Near Freedom

This past week was rather intense. I was going to post some articles and give you guys a break from photos, but I don't feel like going through them all right now, but take my word for it, they were good. Anyone hear about the sheep who walked off a cliff and then the other 1000 or so sheep followed, about 400 survived because the pile was so large already that their fall was cushioned. This happened in Turkey and I read it in two separate articles. I mentioned this to some people who were skeptical and said that it could happen in Turkey or to Turks. I'm really not sure.
I am going through a serious photography phase. Last night I even considered buying a larger lens for my ancient SLR (after being frustrated with the inability to focus on really small things), but a friend convinced me that rather than doing that, I should just invest the $2000 or so involved in getting a digitial SLR and a proper photo printer. Anyway, I have come across a lot really amazing photography and photographers and websites which involve both. Some of them are just aesthically pleasing, and some were quite moving. I think my favourite photos are those which capture people, I can never do that adequetly. I love finding family photos which are just amazing for so many reasons, for example, they capture the person as they are, you know the person, so you know the photo got them properly, it's an old photo so that automatically makes it cool, right? and often you recognize the places, just from decades later.

Some songs to listen to:
The Faint - Ballad for a Parallyzed Citizen
Willy Mason - It's a Hard Hand to Hold
air - alpha beta gaga
String Cheese Incident - (any one of their songs will do, try to go for non-live performances)
GLIB - Drive Around the World

Almost done with summer online distance course which involves business, French and writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooo... i can't wait for the pics!!

i didn't know u were taking a course this summer!
weird... everyone seems to be doing that this summer.

heh, yeah i heard about that sheep story.
apparently humans aren't the species to commit mass suicide, eh?
crazyness.

hauntedsalon said...

more songs to listen to:

the national - cherry tree
electrelane - gone under sea
patrick wolf - wind in the wires
espers - flowery noontide
the organ - brother