Monday, November 22, 2004

The Heart

I think I am somewhat ready to discuss the movie I (Heart) Huckabees. If you have not seen it. Go watch it. You have to be in a certain frame of mind because you will be messed. Conversation after the movie included, "that didn't happen. I saw it happen, but it could not have possibly happened." And "we need to discuss this, but not now. Maybe in a week." None of which was actually relevant to the movie.

It asks questions such as, "how can I not be myself?" Think about it. It is a movie about uncovering one's existence. It is also about how one must live life in order to deal with it. Pretty complex stuff. They offer only confusion, maybe I just didn't get it, that is quite likely.

The movie is a comedy though, the kind that makes you think.

But if you are pondering your existence, check it out and tell me what you think.


This is catchy:
The Chinese Stars - "Electrodes in Captivity"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what i think is...

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT IS HILARIOUS!!!
haha.

hey, did i ever tell u about how i was against that show b/c they 'stole' their name from a good music group from back in the day, and they didn't even give the group any recognition!! Argh.
well... i now forgive them b/c they make me laugh uncontrolably.

we should do the switch soon. my Don returned my stuff...
l8r!
~blop!
(sorry about the lack of relevance of my comment! :)

Anonymous said...

ahahahahh you should've called this one 'The Transcendance'

>Vivian Jaffe: Have you ever transcended space and time?
>Albert Markovski: No. Yes. Uh, Time not space. No, I have no idea what you're talking about.

aahahahahhah love that movie. love it. we definitely had no idea what to talk about either

-inna